Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Ensure
Vanilla Crème Brulee
- 8 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 420mL pouring cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place 10 ramekins in a large roasting pan.
- Place cream in a medium saucepan. Use a small, sharp knife to scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the cream. Add the vanilla pod and Ensure Powder to the cream mixture. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer (be careful not to boil).
- Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar together in a medium bowl until well combined. Gradually whisk the cream into the egg-yolk mixture until smooth. Remove and discard vanilla pod. Pour evenly among the prepared dishes. Add boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven. Transfer the dishes onto an oven tray and set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 4 hours to chill.
- Sprinkle the brulees evenly with brown sugar. Caramelise with brulee gun until golden brown.
Nutrition content per serve:
Saturated fat: 26.6g