Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Ensure
French toast with strawberries
French Toast is a great brunch or quick meal, particularly if you are looking for some extra energy or protein. Best news? It’s delicious and nutritious. Ensure Vanilla helps provide an additional boost of protein, calcium and iron keeping you energised for the day’s events.
- 4x slices of bread (wholemeal or wholegrain)
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- Extra butter for cooking
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2x scoops Ensure vanilla powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Lightly spread the butter on both sides of the bread and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk, Ensure, vanilla extract and spices.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, flipping to coat each side evenly.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over a low-medium heat. Place the bread into the frying pan (do not overcrowd the pan). Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat until all the bread is cooked.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with strawberries to serve.
NUTRITION CONTENT PER SERVE
Saturated fat 7.6g