Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Ensure
Poached Eggs Florentine
- 1 scoop Ensure Vanilla Powder
- 125g frozen spinach, thawed
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup full cream milk
- 1½ Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese, extra
- ½ Tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Thoroughly drain spinach, pressing down to extract moisture. Stir in Ensure Powder and nutmeg. Place into the base of a small ovenproof dish.
- Using a spoon, make a slight hollow well in the centre of the spinach. Lightly poach egg and place onto spinach.
- Place milk into a small saucepan with butter and flour. Whisk over a medium heat until smooth and until sauce boils. Simmer for a further 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese.
- Spoon mixture over eggs and spinach. Sprinkle with combined parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition content per serve:
Saturated fat: 17.2g