Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Ensure
Pumpkin and Lental Lasagne
- 5 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g tinned lentils
- 1 tin of canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 250g ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 30g fresh spinach
- 200g pumpkin, diced
- 150g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake pumpkin for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion until lightly golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add lentils and tinned tomatoes and stir. Cover and bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add Ensure Powder to tomato and lentil mix.
- Add ricotta, parsley and nutmeg and stir until well combined.
- Line base of ovenproof dish with layer of lasagne sheets. Spread tomato and lentil mix and top with fresh spinach and pumpkin. Top with another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Add ricotta mix and top with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread over remaining tomato and lentil mix and top with remaining spinach and pumpkin and lasagne sheets. Sprinkle with grated cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes (20 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered). Serve with garden salad.
Nutrition content per serve:
Saturated fat: 17.2g