Delicious, nutritious recipes with the benefits of Ensure
Bacon and Cheese Muffins
Serves: Makes 10
- ½ cup Ensure Vanilla Powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup finely grated tasty cheese
- 1 bacon rasher, trimmed and chopped
- 60g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease muffin tin or line with muffin cups. Lightly fry bacon in a small pan.
- Combine bacon, butter, eggs and milk in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, paprika and Ensure Vanilla Powder and mix well. Stir in half the cheese and make a well in the centre.
- Add milk mixture and gently mix. Spoon mixture into muffin tin.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the muffins and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Cool muffins on wire rack.
Nutrition content per serve:
Saturated fat: 5.4g
Sodium : 223mg